Sunday, July 27, 2014

Bare and Highlight

Karl Marc John Jeans Skirt, Zara Pouch

Last week I realized it’s going to be a hot summer. Of course I am happy like a duck to see the sunshine, and I can’t wait to finally lie down and enjoy some vitamin D in my body, but as for makeup, this is a tricky question to solve. I decided there was no way I could wear my habitual amount of make up without melting down, because as I went to the Farmer’s Market, I felt I needed a change.
I’m just living with a few thing: a light foundation (which I will give up as we’re really getting close to August), a sandy highlighter, a highlighting concealer, some bronzing powder, and a really good eyebrow kit (I mean, without eyebrow kit, we wouldn’t be as cool as Cara).

The most important thing for me in summer are blushes. I got this coral shade from the new YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush Lips & Cheeks in the color “Rouge Effrontée” and I can’t get enough of it. The second one is highlighter: the perfect one for my carnation in this sandy beach one from Nars: Hot Sand. Isn’t that name pretty? It gives you the prettiest glow ever, and the best trick I got is to blend some of this with your current foundation, and suddenly, your skin is glowing like you just got back from a spa trip.
One’s vanity should always carry a good eyelash curler, because I think it’s the basic of a vanity when it comes to makeup – makes such a difference.

But, as I adore talking about make up, I’m love going out face bare of any make up in holiday’s getaway. I guess, sometimes it’s hard to go out without wearing anything, and when I mean anything, it doesn’t mean not wearing at least some mascara, because I don’t think I could, as I love the effect on my eyes. I think the best decision for a woman in her life is to, at least once, going out without wearing any make up, just to embrace the beauty of her figure – doesn’t it make you feel more confident?
I understand perfectly the dilemma of wearing or not wearing makeup at the beach, or in holidays when you’re just wandering around your getaway place, but, there are some days I really want to enjoy the sun on my bare face. Is it only me, or is it something you also feel in summer?

What are you thoughts about this? Do you wear always makeup in any occasion? I’d love to hear your thoughts about this!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus