Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Classics

First thing first, "classics" are a word comprehensible differently by every one. Should you be a basic kind of girl or a more goofy-prints-all-over your shirts kind of girl, classics change. For the most part, it's something you don't want to throw away because it has lived some pretty big moments (or bad ones - that stain a friend of yours made because she was sipping on whatever drink it was, and unfortunately your classic piece was the damaged one). 
There's something that is true - and that we (girls) refute every time - as a matter of fact, we don't need a lot of different clothes - and yes, this is me talking. I found out that every time I'm travelling with my 22 inch Kg suitcase, I only wear a tiny bit of the whole stuffs I've been trying to put inside. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, the day before the flight - either way / sometimes it's the night before - struggling with her suitcase and for whatever reason, I want to put this particular printed dress inside - which I won't wear obviously. Well, men were right - we only wear a 20% of our clothes actually, and that's the definition of "classics" for me - the bunch of pieces you can't live without, because you know, eventually, you will reach for them in a situation where you're facing you closet thinking - what the hell am I going to wear today/ tonight?

But, forget whatever you mom's glossy magazine ever told you - it's not a good pair of chino pants or a midi skirt which has to be a pencil one with the right length aka be to-the-knee length. I have this feeling that this kind of skirt is unpractically wearable, except if you want to land on your butt, or your face, because you dare to wear high heels, in which you can't really walk like a supermodel. 


For whatever reason, my love for classic pieces grow faster than I expected. What I consider as a classic piece might be not yours - except for the leather jacket, which I concede is a classic piece for everyone in this room. Classic pieces are more of a simple black button down shirt and a pair of really flattering skinny jeans than a little black dress. Okay, so don't think I'm not a lover of the LDB; but well, it seems like there's only one thing people think is a classic. Quite frankly, I disagree. Yes, a little black dress is always nice to wear, and it definitely empowers you and your features, but what about this thing of layering some good classic pieces? Maybe I'm being dramatic, but since I started this little adventure, I love to observe how people dress, and your outfit is kind of revealing who you are inside, and well how you feel about yourself. 

As a matter of self-expression, I think layering is the key. That's what I'm trying to respect when I dress in the morning - maybe, it's easier in winter, I guess. It doesn't need to be three jackets or sweaters - just think about how great you can look if you're just adding a little brown belt to your cream knit or a pair of sunglasses (okay not in December) or just a hat? That's the point of accessorizing. I might give a little bit of too much attention to these stuffs, but I blame it on Fashion.

Outfit 1: Zara coat, Mango suit button down shirt, Lee Scarlett skinny jeans, Mango ankle boots
Outfit 2: Zara coat, HM button down shirt, Forever21 Black Jeans, Mango ankle boots, HM Hat



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus